0 Comments

Some facts about coffee that you might never heard about

Every morning the day starts with a hot cup of coffee for many people around the world. Coffee is one of those drinks that a lot of people can’t do without. But what makes this slightly bitter, packed with flavor beverage, so attractive for good part of the population?

One of the most mentioned reasons is that this beverage keeps you on your toes. Caffeine contained in coffee keeps you awake, provides a sense of energy and stimulate your brain. It can increase your alertness and make you better disposed.

Another reason is that coffee makes you feel relaxed. The drink you once saw as a necessary evil form of stimulation now becomes a warm, comforting cup of happiness. Due to its stimulating qualities, people who drink coffee are much more relaxed.

Coffee is also a social drink. It’s a good beverage after meals, and is a good companion for a conversation with partners as you let your meal settle. On the other hand, the acidity of the coffee offers a nice balance for the sweets in the dessert time.

But there are some things about coffee that you might never heard and we want to share with you:
● All coffee in the world grows in the area between the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn, known as the bean belt. Hawaii is the only state in the US that grows coffee.
● Around 70% of the world consumes Arabica coffee, which is mild and aromatic. The other 30% drinks Robusta, which is more bitten-testing but has 50% more caffeine than Arabica.
● Coffee is the second most traded commodity on earth. Oil is the first.
● George Washington invented instant coffee. But not the George Washington you’re thinking of. A Belgian man, living in Guatemala, by the name of George Washington invented it in 1906.
● Espresso is not a type of bean, it is just a way that coffee is prepared. Americano comes from the American GIs from the WWII. They would order espresso with water to dilute the strong flavor.

Did you know about this? Some of those facts were familiar for you? Let us know in the comments.

Now that you know why coffee is so loveable we invite you to taste our version, the Bonjour coffee.

With information from theoatmeal.com

Write a comment:

*

Your email address will not be published.

X